Warm and wonderful, this soup is exactly what I wanted, what I needed, after some too quick travel across the country and back. Travel is so very dehydrating and I really wanted something that could help replenish me. This soup was perfectly what I needed.
- 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 small carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 rib of celery, chopped
- 1 Tbs curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 medium-large zucchini, diced
- 1 1/2 cup cauliflower, chopped small
- 1 cup chickpeas (canned or pre-cooked)
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground pepper
In a large, heavy bottomed pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add onions, carrot and celery and cover. Stir every few minutes, until onions are translucent. Add curry powder and cumin and stir for about 1 minute. Add the remaining ingredients and cover. Bring to a boil, then turn down to a simmer. Cover and cook for 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender, but not mushy. Enjoy when you need a warm up!