Oh my goodness, y’all. This episode of the Southern Fried Girlfriends is hysterical. This is the perfect show for early in the year if you’re tired of all the diet bull-hockey, frustrated with unrealistic goals, and reeling from unreached resolutions. Dee and I reviewed four of the most popular fads in diet and nutrition and got real about weight and accepting those extra pounds and the tough realities of weight management. We also touched on some pretty controversial topics. Disclaimer: I’m not a lawyer, physician, or an expert in all these areas (but I am in nutrition!). To be honest, it’s not completely my goal to talk you out of any of these things. My goal is to get YOU to think critically about the promises, sales pitches, and pitchers tossing out all manner of nutrition, diet, and health advice.
In this episode, we wander through these macro topics, with a few tangents along the way:
- Celery Juice & Juice Detoxes
- CBD Oil
- Ketogenic Diet
We also talk about one of the most researched, proven ways to eat for long-term good health – The Mediterranean Diet. Give Episode 29: Hot Diet Trends for 2019 a listen and let us know what you think!
Here are some additional resources for your review about these hot topics:
- Great blog post by Abby Langer, a Canadian registered dietitian about celery juice
- Article from ConsumerLabs.com with FAQs about CBD Oil
- Diet Review on the Ketogenic Diet from Harvard School of Public Health
- Pros and Cons of Whole30 from Toby Amidor, registered dietitian
- Old Ways Website: Traditional Mediterranean Diet
- 30 Minute Mediterranean Diet Cookbook by Deanna Segrave-Daly and Serena Ball (please forgive me for butchering your names, friends – ugh!)