I’m a big believer in lifelong learning. Whether it’s learning about nutrition and health, garden, or Bible study, I’m committed to keep learning for the rest of my life. Sometimes I self-study and sometimes I like to sign up for an opportunity to learn from others. In fact, I’m itching to take a photography class to learn the ins and outs of my camera and to get back into a group yoga class. While I’m an enthusiastic learner all by myself, there are some great benefits to stepping out of my comfort zone and taking time for hands-on experiences with an experienced instructor. AND there are also times when I love to be the leader and share my experiences. In fact, I regularly offer individual and group cooking classes to help people learn more about cooking, so they can have the tools they need to follow a healthy diet. If you’re in the metro-Atlanta area, I’d love for you to join me for my June 17 class! Here are five great reasons to take a cooking class with me:
5. Learn new skills and techniques. In every class, I take time to teach participants important knife skills and cover techniques that help make foods healthier and tastier! We also practice – which we all know makes (almost) perfect.
4. Be introduced to easy to use tools that every healthy kitchen should have. I’m a believer in the importance of having the right tool. That doesn’t mean you need every kitchen gadget out there, but the right tools make all the difference.
3. Know more about healthy substitutions and recipe hacks. Cooking from scratch can be time consuming, but when you know how to make simple substitutions and hack complex recipes with shortcuts, it’s a lot easier. I always teach some of these in my class.
2. Have fun and be inspired by being surrounded by other enthusiastic participants. My classes tend to attract people of many different skill levels, which is awesome! Whether you’re a seasoned cook or a total newbie in the kitchen, you will be inspired by the excitement of others learning along with you.
1. Get out of the meal/food rut you’re in. Perhaps the most important reason to take a cooking class with me is to help you jump start your shift toward a healthier lifestyle. You will leave with some guaranteed fantastic recipes and ideas that you can use to make your own meals at home even better.
So that’s it! Are you inspired yet? Sign up here to join me for my next cooking class. I can’t wait to meet you there!